Warm apple dishes always seem to whisper “its Fall” to me. Here in Central Florida our ‘Fall’ still feels like summer, but when I make recipes like these delicious Apple Pie Pancake Bars, our 90° heat doesn’t feel so bad.
Fall spices, warm apples, and all the great flavorings of pancakes wrapped into one dish. What could be better than that first thing in the morning? Just drizzle on a little maple syrup and you’ve got the makings of a perfect Fall breakfast treat.
No Colorful Leaves Here
Yes, Fall here in Florida is a little different than our northern counterparts. We don’t necessarily get all beautiful fall colors of leaves changing, but when that nice, cool weather does eventually sneak in and lasts through Christmas, well, that’s when we don’t mind not seeing the fall colors so much.
And one way I make up for not getting all Fall-ish feelings around is to start making some good ole fashioned comfort food in the kitchen.
I mean, just because it’s 90° outside, doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy a delicious Pumpkin Pie donut with my Pumpkin flavored coffee every now and then. The air-conditioning does get a little chilly ya’ know.
Fall-ish Flavors & One Pot Easiness
Since it is still a little warm here in the Fall, easy dishes are my go to. The less time I have to have the oven going, the better.
Just the other day, I wanted to make some apple pie flavored pancakes, but didn’t want to have to stand over a hot burner flipping pancakes. So, I thought I would try just pouring all the goodness in one pan… and it worked!
SUPER EASY and SUPER DELICIOUS!
These pancake bars are a nice little treat in the morning. The kids can have dunking them in their maples syrup and mom can enjoy them with her morning, or afternoon, coffee.Print
One Dish Apple Pie Pancake Bars
These delicious Apple Pie Pancake Bars are perfect for a sweet breakfast treat or just a light snack with a warm cup of coffee.
Gluten-free, Dairy-Free & easy to make.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 30 Bars 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 2 cups gluten-free pancake mix
- 2 eggs beaten lightly (you can use a flax-egg substitute also)
- 2 Tablespoons vegan butter, melted (or coconut oil)
- 2 cups of dairy-free milk
Apple Pie Mixture
- 2 cups peeled, diced apples
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Crumble Topping (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together eggs, melted butter or oil, and milk. Add in pancake mix and stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In another medium-sized bowl, toss apples with lemon juice.
- Sprinkle cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg over the apples and stir, covering apples with spices.
- Add apple mixture to pancake mix and stir lightly until well combined
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth out with a spatula. Set aside to make the crumble.
- In a small bowl, stir together all the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well combined.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the apple pancake mix. Pushing down lightly into the batter.
- Bake until lightly brown, about 15 to 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Once cool, cut into individual bars.
- Serve warm with maple syrup* or keep in an air-tight container in the refrigerator
- To warm up, just place individual bars into a toaster oven and warm for a few minutes.
*These taste fabulous warm with maple syrup, butter, and even apple butter
Keywords: apples, apple pie, breakfast bars, gluten-free, dairy-free, plant-based, apple crumble
Where I Buy My Ingredients
One question that I get the most when it comes to baking, especially gluten-free items, is ‘where do I get my ingredients?’
Most of my ingredients I purchase via my favorite store, Vitacost.com
They have great prices, often better than my local stores, and I get everything shipped right to my doorstep in two days when I purchase over $49 worth of products.
I also earn MONEY BACK by using the linking through Ebates. Every time I order from Vitacost I earn at least 3% back… for FREE!
Disclosure: The links to products and to the store sites are affiliate links. I do earn a small commission if you choose to click through these links to shop. This is no cost to you and helps me to keep Finding Happy in Healthy running. So, if you do click through… THANK YOU!
Pin It and Share It