It’s been a little while since I’ve concocted a new recipe and I’ve missed it, but, I do have to say, this recipe came primary from that fact that I am a WIMP when it comes to cold weather and not from the sudden urge to cook.
Let me explain…
You see, every Friday, our beautiful small town hosts a Farmers Market. You can purchase locally grown organic veggies, freshly roasted coffee beans, little knick-knacks, and even some very special dog treats for your family fido friend.
Well, last weekend I was in need of said ‘fido treats’ but it was just too darn cold to venture to the market for this gal, so I decided to try to make some treats for our little guy myself.
After a little research and some playing around with ingredients, my first try was all it took!
I’ll Never Buy Store Bought Dog Treats Again
Making homemade, healthy treats for your pups is SUPER easy! It took me less than 15 minutes to mix all the ingredients – creamy peanut butter, oatmeal, gluten-free flour blend, an egg, a banana and some applesauce – up and about 10 minutes in the oven.
Yup.. that easy!
Now I didn’t have any cute dog bone cookie cutters or anything like that, so I just dropped the mixture on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and baked them till they were soft to the touch and a light golden brown.
All of this was, like I said, SUPER easy to do and Jaxson loves his new treats!
Hope you enjoy the recipe. If you make some for your pup, come back and let me know how they liked them!Print
Banana and Peanut Butter Dog Treats
A super easy recipe for a delicious treat for your favorite pup.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dog Treats
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Stir together the egg, mashed banana, and peanut butter until combined.
- With a food chopper or small food processor, blend a few times to chop into smaller pieces. Don’t over chop, you don’t want to turn into flour.
- Add the gluten-free flour and oats to banana mixture and mix well.
- Shape mixture into the desired size for treats and place on cookie sheet
- Bake treats for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely
- Store in an air-tight container
Keywords: dog treats, banana, peanut butter, homemade dog treats