I knew I wanted a salad, but I wanted a salad dressing that would just make everything taste incredible.
So, I opened the refrigerator and looked at what ingredients I had on hand to make this incredible dressing. I moved some jars around and found the oven dried tomatoes, which in turn made me think of my favorite appetizer, Bruschetta.
Could I make a dressing that had a Bruschetta type taste? I wasn’t sure if I could, but hey, let’s give it a try.
I grabbed a few other ingredients, my blender, my hopes for a successful recipe, and started to create.
Within a few minutes I was doing a little happy dance (which my husband thought was quite funny) and saying ‘Oh my.. Yes.. oh my.. Yes!’
I had a just created a new dressing and I was bit happy!
This dressing tastes amazing not only on salads, but you can also use it as a spread on panini’s or your favorite sandwich. I even topped some potatoes with it tonight at dinner and it was fabulous.
Bruschetta Salad Dressing
- 1 3/4 all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (I use Barlean's Butter Flavored)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 egg replacer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350' F. Prepare a loaf pan, or mini loaf pan, by spreading extra coconut oil on all sides and bottom.
- In a medium bowl, add all your dry ingredients and whisk together to blend.
- In a large bowl, add all your dry ingredients, whisking until smooth.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix till well combined.
- Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips, and walnuts (if used).
- Scrape the batter into loaf pan, smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes
- Remove load from mold and let finish cooling on wire rack for 5 minutes or serve warm.