The other day I had one of those moments…
You know the ones.. when you really want something covered in chocolate, but healthy… or at least 80% healthy. LOL..
So I ventured into the pantry, found those wonderfully tasty
cardboard fluffy rice cakes and a few other ingredients and set out to make a somewhat healthy treat.
Chocolate Covered Gluten Free Rice Cakes
- 1 bag of Organic Rice Cakes
- 2 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 TBSP All Natural/Organic Peanut Butter
- 2 TBSP Non Dairy Butter – I use Earth Balance
- Chopped Peanuts (optional)
Place all the ingredients (minus peanuts) in a double boiler and turn heat on to medium high. Stir consistently to allow chocolate, peanut butter, and butter to blend and become smooth.
Once all the ingredients are blended well, turn off the burner.
Line a cookie sheet or two with parchment paper
Start dipping just the tops of the rice cakes into the chocolate mixture, being careful not to burn your fingers of course.
Place rice cakes chocolate side up and allow to cool.
* If you’re using chopped nuts, now is the time to sprinkle them on top before the rice cakes completely cool.
Once you finish all the rice cakes, place sheets in your refrigerator to finish cooling.
Store in container in fridge and enjoy
Happy Somewhat Healthy Eating