If you can say the title to this recipe 5 times in a row, without messing it up… well, kudos to you! It’s a mouthful for sure, but I’m telling you, these Chocolate Mint CBD Oil glazed donuts are seriously delicious.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post with Barlean’s. All thoughts and opinions are 100% mine. Affiliate links may also be included
Inspired by a Barlean’s Blogger Challenge, I decided to try making some donuts as a sweet treat for my family. And having never worked with hemp oil in the kitchen before, I was really looking forward to this challenge.
What is CBD oil and Why Use it?
CBD stands for cannabidiol. An oil that is extracted from the hemp plant. There are more than 100 cannabinoids that are found in cannabis. These cannabinoids, CBD which is one, are said to promote various health benefits in our body.
CBD works with our bodies natural endocannabinoid system to help regulate a variety of processes like eating, sleeping, relaxation, and more. It does this by working with your endocannabinoid system receptors and helps the body function at it’s best, maintaining homeostasis.
To learn more about CBD Oil, feel free to check out Barlean’s extensive resources here.
Why Cook With it?
First things first.
CBD oil should not be ‘cooked’ with, so to speak.
CBD oil loses its effects once it is heated above 225 degrees, so I didn’t really ‘cook’ with it.
I made a glaze that didn’t require any heat at all, so we’re good there.
There are MANY different ways that you can use Barlean’s Chocolate Mint CBD oil. You can put it in coffee (just make sure it’s not too hot), you can drizzle it over ice cream, you can even take it straight, but for me, I wanted to make serve it up as a treat.
Because why not.
Barlean’s Chocolate Mint CBD Oil is emulsified, which means that your body can more easily and efficiently absorb the nutrients. Better absorption equals better nutrition. Who doesn’t love that?
OK. OK. Enough about all that – On to the Recipe!Print
Chocolate Mint CBD Oil Glazed Chocolate Donuts – Gluten & Dairy Free
These donuts are not only gluten-free and dairy-free, but they are also SERIOUSLY Delicious! And SUPER simple to make.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 donuts 1x
- Category: Donuts
- Cuisine: Dessert
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free baking mix ( I used this one )
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 egg (or egg substitute) at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (or melted vegan butter)
Chocolate Mint Glaze
- 1/8 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon Barlean’s Mint Chocolate CBD Oil (or more to taste)
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Prepare donut pan if not non-stick by spraying with oil and dusting with gluten-free flour. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees F
- In a large bowl, sift together dry donut ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine wet donut ingredients, mixing until well combined.
- Slowly pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir with a large spoon until well combined. Do not over stir.
- Using the large spoon, carefully spoon donut mixture into a large gallon plastic storage bag. You will use this to pipe mixture into the donut pan.
- Lightly squeeze all the air out of the bag and snip the corner off with scissors, creating a piping bag.
- Slowly pipe donut mixture into the donut pan. Filling to about 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Place donut pan on a wire rack and allow to cool for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, carefully remove the donuts and place back on a wire rack to finish cooling all the way.
- While donuts are cooling, combine glaze ingredients into a small bowl. Mixing until well combined. Adding more milk if to thick.
- Drizzle glaze over the donuts and enjoy!
- Use extra glaze for dipping.
Keywords: gluten free, dairy free, cbd oil, chocolate mint, chocolate, donuts, gluten free donuts
How About You?
Do you use CBD in your day to day goings on?
Have you ever cooked with it?
Leave me a comment here and let me know what’s your favorite way to enjoy the health benefits of CBD oil.