On a cold winters night, what is better then a delicious, creamy soup for dinner? How about a dairy-free and gluten-free creamy potato soup? This one is just the one you’ll want.
1. If you haven’t already, bake your potatoes till soft to fork prick. Allow to cool.
2. Scrape the insides of the potatoes into a small bowl and set aside. Keep the skins also to use as a topping.
3. In a large pot, melt butter over medium high heat
4. Add in diced onions and cook until onions are soft and translucent
5. Lower heat to simmer and add in flour, stirring to coat onions. Cook the flour/onion mixture for about 2 to 3 minutes to remove the flour taste.
6. Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir.
7. Raise heat back to medium high and bring soup to a slow boil.
8. Reduce to simmer and allow to cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, to allow flavors to blend.
9. Remove soup from heat and with an immersion blender blend soup until smooth.
10. If you do not have an immersion blender, allow soup to cool for about 5 minutes and add to a large blender. Place lid on the blender and cover with a towel in case any liquids comes out. Blend on medium speed until smooth.
11. Place soup back in pot and reheat if necessary.
12. Serve in bowls and top with desired toppings – you can chop up the potato skins for added touch.