The past month as been quite a busy month around our home. Between decorating for the holidays and having my mom in town to visit for three weeks, recipe development has had to take a back seat for just a little bit. Thankfully though, my blogging friend Bethany from All Natural Savings, was sweet enough to share this delicious Dairy Free Chocolate Pudding Parfait with me and all of you
Bethany does such a terrific job of keeping her followers caught up on the best deals available to them. From coupon links to daily deals, Bethany has you covered when it comes wanting to save money on great products.
A Little Bit About Bethany
Bethany is a stay at home wife and mom to her husband, Chad and 2 kiddos. She is passionate about living a healthy lifestyle and encouraging others on how to eat healthy, frugally. Her blog, All Natural Savings, offers loads of information on eating healthy and living healthy on a budget, as well as offering organic coupons and deals and natural health tips.
More Then Just Deals Though
Bethany shares great deals on her site, but every once and awhile she shares some really delicious recipes too.
This Dairy Free Chocolate Pudding Parfait caught my eye because, well… it’s chocolate.. AND dairy-free, so I can totally devour this thing!
Dairy-Free Chocolate Pudding Parfait with Whipped Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup plus 1 TB arrowroot powder
- 32 oz. coconut milk
- 1/3 tsp. powdered stevia extract
- 1/4 cup plus 2 TB xylitol
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 can heavy coconut cream, refrigerated for 24 hours prior
- 1/4 tsp. powdered stevia extract
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Scoop coconut cream into mixer or bowl, discard any liquid
- Add stevia and vanilla
- Whip in mixer or by hand until light and fluffy
- Set aside
- Mix cocoa and arrowroot powder in a saucepan,
- Add 1/2 cup of coconut milk and whisk until any lumps are dissolved
- Add the remaining milk, stevia, xylitol and vanilla
- Cook over medium heat and stir until the pudding thickens and begins to boil
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely
- Add half the pudding to 4 cups
- Add a thin layer of whipped coconut milk to cup
- Dish out remaining pudding into each cup
- Top with a dollop of whipped coconut
- Sprinkle with shavings from a sugar-free/dairy-free chocolate bar (optional)
- Serve or cover and refrigerate
So What Do You Think
Looking over this recipe, doesn’t it look like something that would taste really good?
What’s your favorite go to simple dessert? Leave me a comment and let me know.