This delicious dairy free mushroom soup is not only easy to make, but it’s delicious and pretty much a copycat version of any canned soup out there.
Using simple ingredients like almond milk and fresh sliced mushrooms, this fresh and tasty soup will have you so hooked you won’t ever want to buy canned soup again.
Turning My ‘No Way’ into “More Please”
In past posts that included mushrooms, I have shared that my love for mushrooms did not come easily. For years I would avoid anything, and I mean anything, that had mushrooms. If it had mushrooms in it, on it, or even around it… I was not eating it.
That all changed though when I started eating a more plant-based diet and kind of forced myself to try Portobello mushrooms. Once I tried them, I was hooked. My taste buds also started liking other mushrooms like cremini and button, so now I’m all about the mushrooms.
Dairy Free Mushroom Soup
Simple And Easy Can Be Delicious
Making homemade soup can take a recipe from just being OK to be absolutely AMAZING. With just a few fresh ingredients, you can make just about any soup right at home.
The first time I made this recipe I kept thinking I was missing something. For some reason I expected a dairy-free version of a soup would be extra difficult to make. I’m not sure why I thought this, but I’m glad I went ahead and tried it anyway.
Even with just a few ingredients, this recipe packs quite the punch when it comes to flavor. Rich, creamy and simply delicious.
From Me to You
I am so excited to share this recipe with you. It’s not a creative, brand new kind of recipe, but it is one that I know just about anyone can make and enjoy.
Cream of Mushroom Soup ~ Dairy-Free & Gluten-Free
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 cups 1x
- Category: Soup
- 8 ounces of diced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion
- 5 tablespoons of dairy-free butter
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup of dairy-free milk (almond or cashew)
- 4 tablespoons gluten-free flour (I use millet flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large pot, on medium high heat, melt butter.
- Add in diced onions and saute until translucent.
- Add in mushrooms and continue to saute until mushrooms are soft and have gotten smaller.
- Lower heat to low and add gluten-free flour. Stir mixture making sure all the mushrooms are coated. Continue to stir and cook for 2 minutes to cook off flour taste. Mixture with be somewhat sticky.
- Pour in vegetable broth and dairy-free milk.
- Turn heat back up to medium high and bring to a boil
- Using a whisk, continue to stir until mixture becomes thick.
- Add in salt & pepper.
- Turn off heat and allow the soup to cool for a few minutes.
- Once the soup has cooled a bit, use an immersion blender or add soup to a regular blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve hot or keep in air-tight container
You can also freeze this soup for later use in recipes.
Pin It and Make It Later
Dairy Free Mushroom Soup