There is something about roasting vegetables that brings out an amazing flavor in them. It’s like some kind of kitchen fairy sneaks out during the roasting process and sprinkles a natural, sugary sweetness over them that I love. It’s for that reason, this Roasted Butternut Squash soup explodes with flavor and has become one of my favorite soup recipes to make.
Super easy to make and uses only a few ingredients, this soup is not only delicious, but it’s also packed with lots of wonderful vitamins and minerals. From making your bones stronger to helping lower your blood pressure, it’s like a hug of health in a bowl.
Ready In No Time
Actually, saying this soup is easy to make is an understatement. I mean really, I think the toughest part of making this soup is peeling the squash. Yet, even that can be made easy by cutting the squash into smaller pieces before peeling.
The main ingredients to this dish, butternut squash, carrots, diced garlic, and a little bit of onion are tossed with some avocado oil, salt and pepper. They are then roasted in the oven for about 25 to 30 minutes until tender. From there they get placed in a pot, have a few more ingredients added to them, blended up and voila.. a beautiful, delicious, healthy soup is made.Print
Easy Dairy-Free Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
With just a few ingredients, you can make this delicious Roasted Butternut Squash Soup in no time. A perfect comfort soup for winter or served chilled for a summer treat.
- 1 Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed (4 cups)
- 4 carrots, washed and roughly chopped
- 3 celery sticks, washed and diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil (or olive oil if preferred)
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 to 2 Tbsp coconut sugar to tasted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Toss butternut squash, carrots, celery, onion, and garlic with avocado oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper. Place on prepared cookies sheet in an even layer.
- Roast in the preheated oven until squash and carrots are fork tender. About 25 to 30 minutes. Toss half way through, mixing up vegetables.
- Remove vegetables from oven and place in a large soup pot or blender.
- Add in broth, nutmeg, ginger, and coconut sugar.
- Using an immersion blender or blender, blend ingredients until creamy and smooth.
- Place over medium low heat and brings soup to slow boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 5 to 10 more minutes.
- Server with gluten-free bread and dairy-free sour cream
For an added kick, add some red pepper flakes as a garnish.
The Perfect Comfort Soup For Any Season
This soup makes a terrific addition to any winter menu for sure. Though, while getting ready to reheat some of the leftover soup we had one day for lunch, I found that it’s pretty darn tasty cold too.
There was just a little bit left in the bottom of the container, so with a quick swipe of my spoon I tried it straight out of the fridge.
I’m now thinking this roasted butternut squash soup would make a great gazpacho type soup during the summer! Genius idea right?
How About You?
What’s your favorite comfort soup recipe? Leave me a comment and let me know!