I LOVE this quiche!
It’s one of my favorite go to recipes during the summer.
I grew up eating this because my mom used to make the regular version, but I’ve added and taken away some things due to our diet, tastes, and I think it’s even gotten better.
Garden Vegetable Quiche
- 1 (9-inch) partially bakes pie shell -You can use either a Gluten Free pie recipe – or do what we do – skip the pie crust part
- 2 Tbsp. margarine or Earth Balance Organic spread
- 1 small carrot, grated or diced
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup 1% fat cottage cheese or 1/2 block of extra firm tofu drained and crumbled
- 6 fresh eggs
- ¼ cup milk or almond milk
- dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese – optional – or use vegan ‘Parentheses’ Cheese
Preheat oven to 375’F. Sauté vegetables (except tomato) in margarine/spread just until soft. Sautéing the carrots, onions, garlic and zucchini first, than adding the spinach, cooking till wilted. Add tomato and heat through. Beat eggs and add remaining ingredients, except Parmesan cheese. Put vegetables in pie crust (or greased pie pan) and cover with egg mixture. Bake until set and light brown at edges – about 25 to 35 minutes. Top with Parmesan cheese and let sit for a few minutes.