We love Taco’s & Fajita’s in our home.
But we don’t love all the NASTY ingredients that come along with the pre-packaged seasoning packs.
Seriously… have you ever Googled some of the ingredients.. AGH!! They can be a little scary
So here at The Not So Perfect Housewife house, we make our own seasoning..
and many have said it’s BLOWS the packet seasoning out of the water.
It’s so simple too!!
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container.
This is about the same measurement as a packet of seasoning, so it usually seasons 1 lb of ground beef very well.
* Double or triple recipe to have more on hand
** For Gluten Free purposes, make sure all your ingredients are OK with your diet **