I haven’t done a Works for Me Wednesday in a LONG LONG time.
And since I have this REALLY cool iPad/iTouch App to tell you about (and do a giveaway), I thought it would be great day to do one.
I was given the opportunity to download a copy of Mark Bittman’s How to Cook Everything Kitchen Companion and I am loving it.
I’m actually a newbie to the whole ‘app’ thing. My family gave me an iTouch for Christmas and to be honest, after a few days with it, I wasn’t sure if I even liked it all that much. But once I downloaded/uploaded (not sure what you call it) the How to Cook Everything app, I was in love.
Never would I have guessed that one little app could hold so much information!
What does it do/have?? Let me tell you..
- Over 2,000 no-nonsense recipes,
- 100’s of technique illustrations
- cooking tips
- detailed ingredient & equipment advice
- enhanced search capability
- SHOPPING LISTS – very cool
- bookmarks for recipes
- a note option for recipes
- and so much more!
The new How to Cook Everything iPad also has these iPad only features:
- · Intuitive filters that pinpoint searches by multiple ingredients, techniques, or cuisines
- · At-a-glance access to all the book’s how-to illustrations
- · Note-taking capability for every recipe
- · Bookmarks to hold your place in several recipes at a time
- · A constant-on option to allow uninterrupted reading and recipe review
- · Featured recipes, now with photos
- · The iPad app also contains:
- · Customizable (and email-friendly) shopping lists
- · Built-in timers
- · Immediate inspiration with Bittman’s Picks, Quick Dinners, and Most Popular features
- · Printing option for recipes and shopping lists
As I said before, I am LOVING this little app!! I was sitting at the car dealership the other day waiting for my car’s oil changed to be completed and I was searching out all kinds of different new recipes to try out and bookmarking all the ones I want to try out.
Below you’ll see a couple snapshots I took while playing around. I was having fun checking out the ‘techniques’ and substitution information.
Here’s How to Enter:
1. Leave me a comment here telling me what your favorite iPad/iTouch app is right now
2. Follow Culinate on Twitter – it’s a great site for any true Foodie
3. Tweet this:
Include the links to your twitters & blog posts
Winner will be chosen on Wednesday, January 12th so enter now!
** Sorry – US & Canada residents 18+ only **
How to Cook Everything® iPad app: $9.99, available now on iTunes
** I was given a review copy of this app in exchange for my review. All thoughts and opinions are 100% mine **