I’ve been reading more and more about all the wonderful benefits of adding Coconut oil into your diet. I love that it helps with skin, hair, memory, and a ton of other great things, but because of it’s strong flavor, you just can’t add it to anything.
So, this morning I decided to tweak an old granola recipe I had and add coconut oil to it.
Results?? PURE YUMMYNESS!
Maple Coconut Granola
8 cups rolled oats ( I use Organic Oatmeal )
1 1/2 cups flaxseed meal
1 cup finely chopped almonds ( you can add other nuts too- like pecans, walnuts-1 cup each)
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 maple syrup
3/4 cup honey
1 cup coconut oil
1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 cups raisins (These are my favorite)
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line two large cookie sheet pans with parchment paper.
2. Combine the oats, flax meal, and nuts in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. Stir together the salt, brown sugar, maple syrup, honey, oil, cinnamon, and vanilla in a saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat.
4. Then pour over the dry ingredients, and stir to coat thoroughly.
5. Spread the mixture out evenly onto the baking sheets
6. Bake in preheated oven until crispy and toasted, about 20 minutes. Stir once halfway through.
7. Cool completely than add raisins, cranberries, or craisins.
Store in airtight container.
This makes a lot, but believe me.. it’s so yummy.. it won’t last long.