Mini ‘Meatloaves’ 5 Different Ways For Herbivores & Carnivores
One delicious recipe, with 5 different possibilities, that will work for both meat lovers and plant lovers alike. Gluten-free & Dairy-free
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 1 large meatloaf and 5 mini meatloaves
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Herbivore & Carnivore Versions
For Base or Regular Meatloaf
- 2 cups cooked green lentils or 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons water or 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup bread-crumbs (I use gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup quick oats *
- 3 Tablespoons flaxseed eggs or 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a medium-size frying pan, add the oil or water and bring to medium-high heat. Add in onions, celery, carrots, and garlic cloves. Cook until veggies are tender. Turn off heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the lentils or meat with the rest of the base ingredients. Add in the sauteed vegetables and mix together with a large spoon or clean hands.
- If making a basic meatloaf, place mixture in a loaf pan, or shallow pan.
- If making a singular, seasoned meatloaf, add in those ingredients and mix together well.
- For basic mini meatloaves, scoop out about 3/4 cup of mixture and place into a large muffin tin. Using your fingers or back of mixing spoon, press mixture down into muffin tins. Leaving 1/4 space at the top.
- For seasoned mini meatloaves, scoop out 3/4 cup of mixture into each muffin cup. Make a well in the center of each one and any extra sauce, or cheese, you would like if desired. Then, using fingers, gather mixture to cover the top.*
- Bake meatloaf (meatloaves) for 30 minutes, or until meatloaves are cooked through. (For ground beef, this could take 45 to 50 minutes for the whole meatloaf)
- Top with extra cheese or sauces
- Let stand for a few minutes before serving
* I like to pulse these in a food processor for a few seconds to make smaller pieces, but not enough that it turns into a flour
*If you want to make each one a different flavor, use a separate bowl and mix seasonings into each mini loaf individually, then place in muffin tins.
Keywords: vegan, plant-based, meatloaf, mini meatloaves, herbivore, carnivore, dinner recipes, gluten-free, dairy-free