Did you know that September 9th is “National I Love Food Day” ? If you’re like me, probably not. Until the other day, I had never heard of this. I’m still not even sure what it’s all about, but I thought it would be fun to put together this post, National I Love Food Day September 9th – Food Fun, to help celebrate. So read on and have a little food fun with me.
It’s Not About Me
Even though this special day is National I Love Food Day I decided not to basically repeat myself.
Everyday in my house is National I Love Food Day and I write about it quite a bit here on the blog, so I thought I would just take this time to share some funny facts and fun videos that I found.
5 Food Facts That May Surprise You
- In the 1800’s Ketchup was used as medicine – People took spoonfuls and pills of ketchup with the hope of getting better. From indigestion to jaundice, they thought the red stuff was would make all their sickness go away.
2. Chocolate was once used as currency – Ancient civilizations like the Mayans used the cocoa bean as currency.
3. A bunch of bananas is called a Hand – and a single banana is called a finger
4. Sweet Potatoes and Yams are not the same thing – Each comes from a different plant. The sweet potatoes from the morning glory plant and yams are related to palms and grasses.
National I Love Food Day September 9th – Food Fun
5. Lemons float and limes sink – if you put both of them in water , you may be surprised. The lime rind is thinner and does not contain them same porous material as a lemon.
Not All Taste Buds Are The Same
I love to watch people try something new to eat for the first time. The reactions can be quite funny at times. That’s why I wanted to share this funny video with you.
It may be the Irish in me, but watching these Irish people try some American Thanksgiving food brings a huge smile to my face.