Have you ever had something to eat that pretty much is sum of all your favorite foods? I mean one that has things like chocolate, coffee, nuts, and oats? One that is chewy and sweet and is all wrapped into one amazing snack? Well, that is exactly what these No Bake Mocha Granola Bars are to me at this moment.
They are all the delicious flavors that I love, condensed into an amazingly flavor packed granola bar that has blown my mind. It covers all the bases I need it to too. No gluten, no dairy, and no refined sugars. They are however, extremely tasty and ridiculously easy to make.
And now that I’m pretty much out of adjectives on how to describe how great these are, I’ll share the recipe with you so you can try them out for yourself.
You Don’t Have To Scroll.. But Please Do..
So many times I have gone to check out a recipe online and find myself scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling down a blog post before I get to the recipe.
Now, don’t get me wrong. I LOVE to see beautiful pictures of food and to hear about how someone was inspired to create the recipe, but sometimes you just want the recipe.. right?
So here ya go..
But after you see the recipe.. keep scrolling to see how it all comes together!Print
Healthy No Bake Mocha Granola Bars (Gluten and Dairy Free)
Packed with fiber and antioxidants, these easy to make, no bake mocha granola bars, are a healthy treat for anyone. No refined sugar, dairy, or gluten.
*Affiliate links used in this post are only suggestions. Please feel free to use your own favorites.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 9 bars 1x
- 1/2 cup pitted dates (about 10)
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 cups rolled gluten-free oats (regular oats work too)
- 3/4 cups cacao rice crisp cereal (chocolate rice crispy type cereal)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup mini dairy-free chocolate chips (regular chocolate chips work too)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp vegan butter
- 3 tsp cocoa powder
- 3 tsp finely ground coffee
- In a small bowl, combine water and pitted dates. Allow to soak for 20 minutes or so
- In a food processor, combine the oats, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, and raw almonds. Pulse a few time to chop up into small pieces. Do not over pulse. This will create a powder and you don’t want that.
- Place chopped mixture into a large bowl. Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
- Take soaked dates and place in a small blender. Blend until a smooth watery paste appears. The mixture will thicken as it sets.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine peanut butter, honey, and vegan butter. Bring to a slow boil over medium heat. Add date mixture, cocoa powder and coffee and reduce to simmer. Stir for a few moments until well combined.
- Pour cocoa mixture of the oat mixture and stir with a large spoon. Keep mixing until all the dry ingredients are coated and mixture is sticky.
- Line an 8 x 8 square pan with parchment paper (leaving some to hang over for removal)
- Press granola mixture into pan. Using a spatula, or your hands, smooth out mixture.
- Allow bars to set for 1 to 2 hours before cutting.
- Keep in an air-tight container
No Bake.. Don’t You Love It
When I put these together the other day, it was actually kind of chilly here in Florida. I would have had no problem turning the stove on to cook these up (and warm up the house a little), but once I got the recipe going, I realized they weren’t going to need to be baked.
By using the pitted dates and some peanut butter, these chewy granola bars set up quite nicely in just a few hours.
Packed With Tons of Nutrients
When making these granola bars, I knew I wanted make them has healthy as I could. Did I want them to taste good.. of course.. but, I also wanted them to be worth something. I wanted them to be good for youtoo!
Nuts are packed with loads of vitamins and minerals. Almonds alone have as much calcium as milk, but also contain magnesium, selenium, and fiber. All of which are excellent for you.
Chia Seeds are rich in omega-3 oils and pumpkin seeds are packed with antioxidants.
So, believe it or not, when you bite into these granola bars for the very first time, and are amazed at how awesome they taste, you can rest assured that you are doing some majorly good things for your body by eating these!
Really… you are!
How About You?
As I asked at the beginning of this post, do you have a special treat that is packed with all your favorite foods? Leave me a comment and let me know. I’d love to hear about it!
Thanks for stopping by and happy snacking!
Pin It To Make It