You see, over the 20 some years we’ve been together, I would say that we’ve owned about 4 to 5 mattress’. None of which were what some people would call ‘high quality’, but usually pretty comfortable, for a little while that is. As we got older, we started thinking that maybe INVESTING in a new quality mattress would be a good idea.
We recently put this idea on the back burner for awhile till I was contacted by Sleep Number and was asked if I’d like to work with them.
So off we went.
First let me say, I DO NOT like going into a store where you are mobbed and or approached aggressively by pushy salesman. Want me to buy something?… Be nice, give me space, know your stuff, and be available to answer questions.. than I’ll be interested in staying in your store and looking at your product.
We met up with Troy who has been with the Sleep Number company for over 10 years and who was more than happy to give us a Sleep Number Tour/Education.
Troy gave us a small bit of Sleep Number history, one point of which almost automatically had us saying YES to a new bed…
Major BONUS points right there for this Not So Perfect couple. We LOVE and prefer to buy USA products!
But back to the tour/education.
Troy did a great job walking us through the process of finding our Sleep Numbers. It’s not just laying on the bed and saying.. ‘oh yea, that feels good’.. It’s getting up, moving around on the mattress, and so much more.
- It’s not just about comfort. It’s also about support. Most people buy a mattress because it feels ‘comfortable’ in the store, but than you get it home and a few months down the road, you realize you have no support.
- The hubster and I could have the same Sleep Number, but in all actuality, if I was to go on his side of the bed, which I did, it would feel different, because the Sleep Number bed adjusts to the person weight, making the support just a little different.
- Using some pretty fancy technology, the Sleep Number store is able to show you were your pressure points are, or the places in your body that need the most support are. Knowing your Sleep Number helps tailor the bed to you, not the other way around.
The Sleep Number Beds themselves-
- First and foremost, have a GREAT warranty and trial period.
- 25 year limited warranty and a 100 Day Trial
- Don’t like the bed .. within 100 days you can return it.
- The beds also have few parts. Cover, foam insert, air chamber, pump/remote, 4 side rails, center dividers, and a foundation (if you get one). Less parts, less to fix.
The Sleep Number Company itself-
From what we observed on our trip to the store and after doing some research, the company seems pretty sound. They rely HEAVILY on customer referrals. They want customers who have purchased a Sleep Number product and have been happy with it, to feel free to share with their family and friends about their experience. 80% of their customers are referred by someone they know that has a Sleep Number product.
All in all, the husbter and I were truly impressed with the Sleep Number store and company. If you’ve seen the commercials or even just walked by the store and wondered if it’s worth the time, I would say.. check it out. Get some information and at least take a minute to find your Sleep Number.
We are currently waiting for our new bed, the M7, to arrive in the next few weeks and than we will actually put it to it’s test to see if our nice experience in the store will carry through to some really great sleep for years to come.
And we’ll definitely be sure to be back to tell you all about it soon.
Thanks for stopping by..
** I am working with Sleep Number Beds in exchange for my reviews. All opinions and thoughts are 100% all mine. **