When was the last time you ate a meal with a bunch of napkins in your lap because you knew you would need each and every one of them? Not because the meal was greasy, but because it was healthy, and delicious, and just dripping with a delicious sauce? Well, that’s exactly what happened the other night when I made these finger licking good Sweet Potato BBQ Sliders.
We weren’t making a sloppy mess because of all the unhealthy grease dripping off the meal. No, we were making a mess because these sliders were that good. A sloppy, delicious kind of good.
Just a Few Ingredients That Pack A Punch
If I had a dollar for every time someone tells me that cooking healthy is hard, I’d be a rich gal.
Cooking healthy can be really easy. Just like this recipe. With simple ingredients like sweet potatoes, onions, and your favorite BBQ sauce, you can create a tasty and healthy meal for the whole family.Print
Sweet Potato BBQ Sliders – Finger Lickin’ Good!
Sweet Potato BBQ Sliders – Super easy to make and so delicious! Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 - 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 - 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 - 8 Sliders
- Category: Vegan
- Cuisine: Dinner
- 8 cups peeled & shredded sweet potatoes
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, divided in half (1/4 cups) (or oil of your choosing)
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce (My favorite is this Pomegranate Sauce)
- salt & pepper to taste
- gluten-free rolls
- Prepare sweet potatoes by washing, peeling, and shredding them into a large bowl.
- Heat 1/4 cup of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in onions and cook until translucent
- Stir in the other 1/4 cup of oil and sweet potatoes. Stirring to combine.
- Cook sweet potatoes and onions until sweet potatoes are fork tender (not completely cooked). Stirring often to keep from sticking.
- Pour in BBQ sauce and stir to coat sweet potato mixture
- Continue to cook BBQ mixture for another 5 – 6 minutes to heat through.
- Serve BBQ on toasted rolls
For added flavor, top BBQ mixture with coleslaw
Keywords: sliders, vegan, vegan BBQ
Don’t Be Afraid To Try This
I know shredded sweet potatoes and cooking them up with BBQ sauce may sound a little strange, but I’m telling you… I really do think you are going to love it!
The sweetness of the sweet potatoes is what makes these sliders taste amazing.
No need for greasy pork or beef to make a great slider. These sweet potato BBQ sliders are perfect for a quick evening meal or any get together! Healthy and delicious. You can’t get much better then that.
So What Do You Think?
Do you think you would like these? Leave me a comment and let me know!
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Cooking!
Pin It and Make It