Raising two young girls never gave me the experience of having swash buckling or one eyed sailors rummaging though my backyard, though I do remember one day that there were two ladies in distress that needed to be rescued by a ‘good pirate’. LOL.
Our house will usually filled with princess and Barbie’s, but that was a long time ago and there was no Jake and the Never Land Pirates – which I’m thinking may have brought some pirate themed moments into our house.
I wanted to give you, my followers, who may have little ones, a heads up on something I thought may be fun to do with your kids.
Monday, September 19th is National Talk Like a Pirate Day and Disney Junior is celebrating with a marathon and new episode of “Jake and the Never Land Pirates. Beginning at 6:00 AM till 2:00 PM ET/PT.
Can’t wait till Monday for some pirate fun? Well, that’s ok. You can head on over to DisneyJunior.com and check out their Talk Like a Pirate micro-site. It includes online activities where kids can create their own animated video of Jake, Izzy or Cubby saying one of his or her signature pirate catch phrases. They will be able to then share their pirate videos with others in on online gallery and also print a poster!
Disney also has some other great ideas to make Talk Like a Pirate Day even more special:
In honor of this fun holiday, below are some fun ideas from our friends at Disney FamilyFun magazine on how to create your very own Talk Like a Pirate Day party at home:
– Arrrrrgh!! Make a “Jake”-inspired costume for your kids with items found around the house. The instructional video walks you through the process step-by-step. http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/pirate-costume-662303/
– Full steam ahead! These yummy pirate snacks will make your wee ones smile! http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/shipshape-snack-686871/
– Entertain your little scallywags with the game of “Captain’s Calling!” http://familyfun.go.com/playtime/captains-calling-708177/
– Crackers! Help your favorite pirates make their very own Skully! http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/parrot-for-a-pirate-667728/
– Thar she blows! This pirate ship cake ( http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/pirate-ship-cake-686286/) or pirate hat cake (http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/pirate-hat-cake-688665/) are easy to make and will leave your kids shouting “Ahoy!”
We look forward to seeing your photos of how you and your family celebrated Talk Like A Pirate Day “Jake”-style! Post your pirate-themed photos to our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/DisneyJunior) or Twitter account (@disneychannelpr).
Have fun Mateys!