Earlier today I cleaned off our kitchen island and rubbed it down with linseed oil. It’s butcher block and needs to be done every couple months.
This evening, Samantha and I went over to a friends house to eat while Brian and Layne were out. When Samantha and I got back home I noticed the smell of the linseed oil hadn’t gone away but had gotten worse.
That’s when I remembered.. I threw the rag I had used in the kitchen trash.
I quickly reached in and the rag was HOT! I’m not kidding.. we were moments away from a combustion. The rag – which is orange- had dark spots on it. BURN MARKS. I’m NOT kidding!! See picture.. it was just about to go up in flames..
I’m still sitting here just stunned.
I could have lost my house.. my dogs.. I know it’s all material.. but I’m just in awe.
If we had talked a little more. If I hadn’t come straight home…