Even though I am a huge ‘health nut’, as nicknamed by those close to me, I do sometimes get overwhelmed by ALL the information there is to take in about living a healthy lifestyle. So much so, that there are moments when I just want to give it all up and just do whatever.
Than there are moments when I find a great article or a new book that inspires me to keep going. To keep reading and researching and learning so that I can make a difference, even if it’s a small one, to educate people and encourage them that it is possible to live a healthier life.
Suzanne Somers latest book, Tox-Sick – From Toxic to Not Sick, was one of those books for me.
Not overwhelming, not hard to understand, just straight to the point information on how the toxins in our bodies are causing diseases and the doctors who want and can help.
With pen in hand and a nice glass of cold water, I sat down for a few hours and read about half way through this book. Suzanne has done a fabulous job in writing in such a way that she’s not preaching at you or making you feel bad if you aren’t aware of what’s going on. Tox-Sick just educates you on what may be happening around you or to you that could be cause by toxins in your environment.
I also thought it was great that she included numerous doctors in this book who are the cutting edge of helping their patients detoxify their lives and sharing the information with you the reader.
From the publisher:
Pioneering health and wellness advocate, Suzanne Somers, delivers a powerful answer in this expose on the immediate and long-term dangers of living in a world that has become increasingly toxic to our health.
The build-up of toxins in our bodies can lead to myriad health concerns — including weight gain, food allergies, brain disorders, cancer, among many others. Moved to investigate by her own family’s plight, Suzanne sits down with environmental doctors and specialists who share eye-opening information and practical advice for how to survive, thrive, and stay healthy today.
In Tox-Sick you’ll learn how to effectively detox all your body’s systems and the different survival skills that can save your life, from top experts in the field, including:
- DR. SHERRY ROGERS, an environmental doctor for over 40 years, shares the truth about detoxification—and where you will likely be if you don’t take it seriously.
- DR. NICHOLAS GONZALEZ shares where cancer comes from and how to manage it by detoxifying the liver and supplementing with enzymes.
- DR. RITCHIE SHOEMAKER alerts you to mold toxicity, the newest threat to your brain and wellbeing…and just what to do to fight for your health.
- DR. WALTER CRINNION teaches what everyday objects to avoid and the simple diet and lifestyle shifts to clean up your health and home in mere weeks!
- DR. STEPHEN SINATRA, America’s leading integrative cardiologist, explains that we have been approaching heart disease all wrong: a healthy gut, detoxed body, and quality fats are each crucial and cardioprotective.
- DR. GARRY GORDON shares new protocols for removing toxic lead from the body, as well as ways to keep the most important gland in your body, the thyroid, clean and healthy.
From diet and supplement advice to coconut oil cleanses, everything you need to live clean and enjoy great health is in your hands.
*I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for my review. All thoughts and opinions are 100% all mine.*