I’m joining in on Tempt My Tummy Tuesday with a new recipe that we tried out last week.
I LOVE to cook with my cast iron skillet! One pot meals can be a lot of fun and a breeze to clean up. So when I saw this recipe, I knew it would be going from stovetop to oven in my cast iron skillet.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent rolls or refrigerated pizza crust
- a package of frozen spinach – thawed – (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Brown beef, onion and garlic in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Once browned, drain fat and stir in spaghetti sauce.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish, spread a layer of sauce. Top with 1/2 of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, another layer of sauce and the rest of the cheese. Add spinach in layers if being used.Top with crescent rolls or crust, pinching seams together.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until rolls are golden brown