Have you ever been invited to a special breakfast or brunch but had no idea what you were going to bring? Going to a group food centered event can be hard when you have dietary issues, so finding a recipe like this vegan breakfast lasagna can make showing up with a delicious dish so much easier.
And guess what? It’s SUPER easy to make! Mix up a tasty vegan cream, layer it with some fresh berries, some frozen gluten-free waffles and pancakes, and you have a dish that EVERYONE is going to love!
Using A SuperFruit To Create Deliciousness
I actually used to make this lasagna years ago, back when I ate dairy and gluten, so it was fun to pull the old recipe out and come up with a new vegan version of this dish.
Egg yolks played a big part of what held this together, so I had to come up with a substitute for that. What I decided to do was use the standard vegan option of making ‘flax eggs’ but shaking it up a bit by using Barlean’s Superfruit Blend instead.
By combining the Superfruit blend with just the right amount of water, I was able to get just the consistency and stability that I needed. It not only worked out perfectly, but it added additional vitamins and nutrients like fiber, antioxidants, Omega-3’s, and others to the dish.
Even though it made the dish a little darker then the original, the ‘Superfruit Blend Eggs‘ took the fruity flavors of this vegan breakfast lasagna to another level.
Now On To the Recipe
Have fun making this recipe. You can always adjust as needed. Use all waffles or all pancakes… totally up to you. It’s fun just putting it together, stacking the different layers, and of course.. eating it!Print
Delicious Vegan Breakfast Lasagna – Gluten & Dairy Free
Made with pre-made gluten-free pancakes, waffles, and lots of fresh berries, this vegan breakfast lasagna is the perfect dish for any brunch or special breakfast.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 - 8 Servings
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegan
Vegan Cream Filling
- 6 Tablespoons Barlean’s Superfruit Blend (or Flax Seed )
- 3/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 gluten-free flour blend (I use this one)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup dairy-free milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 6 gluten-free pancakes
- 6 gluten-free waffles
- 1 pound organic strawberries
- 1 pound organic blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon Barlean’s coconut oil
Vegan Cream Filling
- In a medium bowl, stir together Superfruit blend and water. Set aside to allow it to thicken.
- In a medium size saucepan, combine sugar, flour, salt, and milk over medium heat. Cook until mixture starts to thicken.
- Turn off heat and stir in Superfruit mixture.
- Turn heat back to medium and stir mixture constantly until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and add in vanilla.
- Allow to cool, and if desired, chill in refrigerator until ready to use
Putting Together Breakfast Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Prepare 9 x 13 pan by lightly spreading coconut oil on bottom and sides.
- Spread a thin layer of the vegan cream mixture in the pan.
- Place a layer of waffles, then more cream, and then a layer of strawberries and blueberries.
- Repeat with another layer starting with pancakes. Ending with a layer of strawberries and blueberries.
- Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until heat through.
- Top with powdered sugar or coconut whipped topping
What’s Your Favorite Brunch Dish?
Do you have a favorite go-to dish that you enjoy making for a fun brunch gathering or family breakfast? Leave me a comment and let me know.
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Cooking!