Vegan Gyro’s With Tzatziki Sauce – Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free
With a little extra prep time, these Gyro’s will become a family favorite for both carnivores and herbivores.
- Prep Time: at least 1 hour
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: -25933795.983333 minute
- Yield: 5-6 wraps 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Vegan, Greek
6 medium size Portobello mushroom caps, cleaned and sliced
4-5 gluten free tortilla wraps ( I used these BFree wraps)
- 1 TBSP mined garlic
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp dill
- 1/2 pink Himalayian salt
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup cucumber, seeded and finely grated
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded lettuce
- Sliced red onions
- Sliced tomatoes
- Combine all of your spices and liquid ingredients in a 8 x 10 glass dish. Whisk to combine.
- Place sliced mushroom caps in the marinade, and using your hands, mix till all the caps are covered in marinade.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least an hour.
After placing the mushrooms in the refrigerator, make the sauce
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator.
- Heat a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Slowly add in mushrooms with marinade and cook until mushrooms are soft, stirring often.
- While mushrooms are cooking, warm your tortilla wraps to soften them.
- Once mushrooms are cooked, assemble the Gyro’s with Tzatziki sauce and toppings.
- To help how the Gyro’s together, you can use either parchment paper or aluminum foil.
Keywords: vegan, vegan gyros, gyros, gluten-free, dairy-free