We Love Disney ~ An All NEW Collection of Disney Classics
I participated in the We Love Disney album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided an album to review but all opinions are my own.
Disney music is one of those things that immediately tugs on your heartstrings and memories the moment you hear one of the classic songs. You start to hum or even sing along and a smile suddenly appears. The music just makes you happy.
Disney, as I tell my kids, to me is something that you just don’t mess with.
So whenever I hear that there is a ‘new’ collection, I’m always a bit nervous as to how the artists will interpret the songs. I’ve heard some really great remakes and I’ve also heard some really bad ones too.
I recently took part of the One2One Network review project for the new We Love Disney Collection and had the chance to listen to the whole album. After doing so, I can honestly say that this is truly a wonderful new collection.
The We Love Disney album was created by Verve Records and Walt Disney Records. It was produced by 16-time Grammy Award-winning producer David Foster. The album features artists from all different genres – rock, pop, R&B, and country. Each giving their own interpretation and take on the classic Disney songs.
As I sit here typing out this review, I’m actually replaying the album in the background. It’s such a joy to listen to. Taking me back to my when my girls were little and would lay on the floor of our living room watching Pocahontas sing “Colors of the Wind’ or dancing around when Jane, Michael, and Mary Poppins singing “A Spoonful of Sugar”.
Each of these artists have done a beautiful job sharing their talents and keeping the Disney music classic, yet at the same time, giving it a new updated twist.
One of my favorites is Kasey Musgraves “Spoonful of Sugar”. The little bit of country twang makes it an adorable song to tap your toes to and sing along. Charles Perry does a pretty awesome jazzy version of “Everybody Wants to Be A Cat” that had me dancing around too.
- NE-YO “Friend Like Me” (Aladdin)
- Jessie J “Part of Your World “(The Little Mermaid
- Jason Derulo “Can You Feel the Love Tonight / Nants’ Ingonyama” (The Lion King)
- Gwen Stefani “The Rainbow Connection” (The Muppet Movie)
- Ariana Grande “Zero To Hero” (Hercules)
- Jhené Aiko “In a World of My Own/Very Good Advice” (Alice in Wonderland)
- Fall Out Boy “I Wan’na Be Like You (The Monkey Song)” (The Jungle Book)
- Tori Kelly “Colors of the Wind” (Pocahontas)
- Kacey Musgraves “A Spoonful of Sugar” (Mary Poppins)
- Charles Perry “Ev’rybody Wants To Be a Cat” (The Aristocats)
- Jessie Ware “A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes” (Cinderella)
- Lucy Hale & Rascal Flatts “Let It Go” (Frozen)
- Various Artists “It’s a Small World”
The We Love Disney has been released in various configurations. As a digital album, a standard CD, a Deluxe CD, on Deluxe Vinyl, and as picture-disc set.
We Love Disney will also be available as a Collector’s Edition Box Set, which includes:
I’m thinking any version of We Love Disney will make an incredible gift for any Disney fan this Christmas. I know I’m getting a few copies for my family members myself.
For more information, check out any of these links: