Last year, around this time, our front loading washing machine stopped working.
It would take the load ALL the way through to the last spin and drain and then STOP!
That would leave us with a load of SOAKED clothes. UGH!
$225 later we learned that it was the door latch. Something about not communicating with the motherboard.
I learned this by watching the repairman read a piece a paper, turn the knob a few times, order a part, and then write us a BIG bill.
So the other night when it did it AGAIN, I told my hubby what I had learned last time, so we attempted it on our own.
You see, my hubby is quiet the Handy Man, and I trust him totally when it comes to this. If he can take a car apart and diagnose a problem and put it back together fixed – he can fix a washer.
I also like a good challenge. I enjoy trying to ‘fix’ something as long as it’s not going to shock me or harm me in anyway.
So after my hubby took it apart the correct way, I walked through the ‘diagnostic’ testing. ( These instructions were found INSIDE the washer, I think they hide it there so only the repair man can find it)
After walking through the testing, we got the code that told us what it did last year.. a new door latch is needed.
So onto the internet I went and found the best deal on the part and now it’s on it’s way.
We just saved ourselves about $200.. I hope/pray!
I’ll let you know how it went once we get the new part.