It’s 4 o’clock..
Why am I sitting here typing?… I’m not sure
The yawning I’m doing would indicate that I’m tired. My body would agree, in that it FEELS very tired.
But someone needs to tell my brain that at 4 AM it’s supposed to be in DREAM LAND!!
You grab your laptop.. find a quiet room in your house.. and blog out your frustrations. LOL.
And just for the fun of it.. I Googled the word Insomnia to see what I came up with.
I had to laugh (well, laugh quietly) as I found some REALLY interesting things..
First the Google Health definition for Insomnia and some of the symptoms:
Overview: Insomnia is difficulty getting to sleep or staying asleep, or having nonrefreshing sleep for at least 1 month
- Difficulty falling asleep on most nights
- Feeling tired during the day or falling asleep during the day
- Not feeling refreshed when you wake up
- Waking up several times during sleep
People who have primary insomnia tend to keep thinking about getting enough sleep. The more they try to sleep, the greater their sense of frustration and distress, and the more difficult sleep becomes.
I have the ‘waking up several times during sleep’ and the greater sense of frustration over NOT being able to get back to sleep.
Mine also only happens once a month and only every couple months… so far..
Do people REALLY need to have a doctor tell them that they’re having trouble sleeping??
I can pretty much diagnose myself on that one. LOL.
Than I found all this other great ( well, let’s say interesting) information on the web associated to the word
- There’s a company that makes video games called Insomniac – I guess people can be very creative when they can’t sleep
- There’s a company called Insomnia Cookies that will deliver fresh baked cookies to your dorm room in college if you can’t sleep.
- There’s even a collection of quotes about sleep and the lack there of
- There’s some strange videos about insomnia.. some funny.. some strange..
I also found out that the more I typed in INSOMNIA , the more SwagBucks I earned! That’s a plus for not sleeping!
I truly apologize for the time that you have lost by reading this non purposeful writing. You’ll never get that time back and you probably think (if you already haven’t formed the opinion already) that I’m a little strange.
But I hope you’ve enjoyed my little rambling post.
I’m off to find a sleep educing snack and to watch Hatari (which has become my favorite movie to watch when I can’t sleep).
Happy snoozing everyone.