You know your from Florida when…..
(one’s in bold are my favorites)
· You never use an umbrella because you know the rain will be over in five minutes.
· You can tell the difference between fire ant bites and mosquito bites.
· Anything under 70 is chilly
· You know that no other grocery store can compare to Publix
· You dread love bug season
· You think a six-foot alligator is actually pretty small
· Flip-flops are everyday wear. Shoes are for business meetings and church.
No, wait, flip flops are good for church too, unless it’s Easter or Christmas.
· You get annoyed at the tourists who feed seagulls
· You go to a theme park for an afternoon, and know when to get on the best rides (Space Mountain during the Electric Light Parade!)
·You find lizard skeletons under the sofa.
And since I was born in Maryland, I figured I’d list a few for Maryland too.
You know your from Maryland when….
- You call all turtles “terrapins.”
- You know B&O is not body odor, but Baltimore & Ohio railroad
- You have more than three recipes for crab cakes.
- You not only know how to eat hard crabs, but also know how to catch them, cook them and tell the males from the females.
- You still root for the Orioles even when they suck.
- When in Florida, you can only laugh when you see signs saying “Real Maryland Blue Crab Cakes!” (this is so true!)
- French Fries don’t taste right without Old Bay
- an one hour commute is a SHORT drive to work
- Your refer to the state as “Merlind”
- Your mother shopped at “Hechts”
- M R Ducks makes sense
- Your ‘quick’ trip to the store became not so ‘quick’ because the farmer was taking his tractor down the road